Be part of Hastings College's long and successful history of educating international students!
Students from more than a dozen countries come to Hastings to learn. Countries represented include the U.K., Germany, Netherlands, India, China, Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Indonesia, Ireland, Ghana and more! In a safe and friendly environment in the central United States, you'll focus on academic success while enjoying the many opportunities to build your leadership skills through campus activities and career networks.
Did You Know?
Hastings College offers admitted international students an International Student Grant of $12,000 (US)!
International Student Enrollment Process
International students are valuable contributors to the Hastings College community and enhance the experience for both our U.S. students and international students. A completed application file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and decisions are based upon a candidate’s secondary grades, exam scores and essay. There is no application fee.
The recommended deadline to apply is April 1. This allows time for you to obtain a student visa, register for classes and sign up for housing.
The following documents are required before the file can be reviewed for admission:
- Submit a completed International Application for Admission. At this time, on-line applications are not available for international students; instead, complete this writable .pdf and send it as an attachment to our international admissions counselor Beth Kohmetscher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With your application, submit a 300-word essay describing why you want to attend Hastings College and what you expect to gain from a Hastings College experience.
- Provide an official, certified copy of secondary school work. Hastings College requires one of the following credential evaluation services:
- Standardized test scores from one of the following:
- TOEFL: iBT or internet test score of 80 with a 20 in each section (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- ACT composite minimum score of 20 or SAT (math and verbal only) minimum score of 860. (Hastings College does not count the writing score into the overall composite.)
Note: Students with SAT composite below 940 may be asked to complete a phone or Skype interview. Hastings College does not offer any English as a Second Language courses. A strong grasp of the English language, both speaking and writing, are required for a student to be successful in the classroom.
Financial Aid and Financial Affidavit
We are dedicated to making our education affordable for any student that wants to attend. Last year alone we invested more than $18 million in scholarships and financial aid to students!
As an international student, once admitted you'll automatically be eligible for a $12,000 (US) International Student Grant. This grant is renewable for up to four years and covers a significant portion of tuition.
International students are also eligible to apply for talent or leadership scholarship opportunities. Learn more about those opportunities here.
Once you have been admitted to Hastings College, we'll email you a Hastings College Financial Aid Award Letter and your Financial Affidavit. Your Financial Affidavit will provide your cost of attendance minus any scholarships or grants you have been awarded. You must provide documentation to prove funds are available for at least one full academic year.
Your original, signed Financial Affidavit and supporting documentation must be mailed and received by Hastings College before your I-20 will be processed.
Mail all items to:
Hastings College International Admissions
710 N. Turner Ave.
Hastings, NE 68901
Contact our international admissions expert Beth Kohmetscher at email@example.com or +1.402.461.7327.