All Crimson Scholarship recipients receive a $16,000 merit scholarship from Hastings College and may compete at Crimson Scholars Day on Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 for an additional (and renewable!) amount shown below.
- Walter Scott Scholarships (full-tuition)
- Trustee Scholarships (an additional $7,000 per year)
- Dean Scholarships (an additional $2,000 per year)
Students may only accept one additional Hastings College scholarship in addition to a merit scholarship.
To qualify, high school seniors must do the following by January 11, 2017:
- Apply to Hastings College and complete all admissions requirements
- Maintain a 3.75 GPA or higher
- Score a 26 or higher composite on the ACT or at least 1170 on the SAT
- Complete your Crimson Scholars Day Registration » (registration is closed for 2017)
Participants will interview during Crimson Scholars Day on Sunday, Jan. 22, 2017 (inclement weather date is Feb. 5). Additional scholarship amounts are based on:
- Participation during Crimson Scholars Day
- Expected academic and leadership contributions to Hastings College
Scholarship winners will be announced by February 14, 2017.
What Happens During Crimson Scholars Day
The day begins at 8:15 a.m. and wraps up about 2:00 p.m.
During this time, you’ll have the opportunity to complete two, small group interviews, which are a great way to meet our faculty and other students who have an interest in Hastings College. Also on this day, we’ll have a professional facilitator to conduct a fun, high energy group leadership activity. Previous scholars have indicated this was a highlight from the day!
Parents and families are welcome to stay on campus and enjoy several hospitality areas. They are also welcome to explore the community of Hastings.
We'll wrap up with a luncheon for family, scholars and faculty, with campus tours available by request.
Contact the Admissions Office at 402.461.7315.