Date: Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014
Time: Registration/Meet and Greet, 6:30 pm; event begins at 7:00 pm; heavy appetizers will be served.
Location: Morrison-Reeves Science Center on the Hastings College campus (717 Ash St.; map)
Registration: Register online today »
Questions? Call 402.461.7315
This is your one-stop event for information about:
- Educational costs for medical school
- Academic requirements
- Average salaries for physicians by specialty
- Time commitment
- Projected areas of need for physicians
Through this event sponsored by Hastings College and Mary Lanning Healthcare, you'll learn more about creating your educational road map to medical school, identifying tools to finance your undergraduate and professional education and establishing your career in the health care field.
The following breakout rotations will be held during MedReady. This is a great opportunity to ask questions.
- Financing your graduate school and medical school education
- Grad school and medical school: What does it take to get in?
- In the trenches: Q&A with med school students and working healthcare professionals
- The real students of medical school: Q&A with a med school student or resident
- Physician shortage in Nebraska: Q&A with a representative from the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska
- Q&A with physical therapy professionals
The event should wrap up by 9:00 pm after closing remarks from a representative of Mary Lanning Healthcare.