The Hastings College Thrive Leadership Program is designed to help you build leadership skills and experiences – and reach your leadership potential. This competitive program for outstanding first-year students provides select opportunities on and off campus to discover and implement leadership tactics and skills that will serve you during your time in college and throughout your life and career.
Quality leadership is always in demand – and is needed across all interest areas and careers, as every organization and business needs leaders who have the skills to build relationships and teams, communicate clearly, make decisions and empower others. The Thrive Leadership Program at Hastings will help you learn and develop these skills during your first year on campus.
- Selected participants will enroll together in a special section of INT 101, the first year experience course, which will offer content and opportunities exclusive to Thrive Leadership students.
- You’ll develop your own leadership philosophy from a variety of perspectives through sessions with special guests, including successful Hastings College alumni, local leaders and leadership experts.
- Networking opportunities, assessments and reflections will help you understand your own leadership strengths, weaknesses and potential.
- Leadership excursions to metropolitan communities during semester breaks offer opportunities to network with successful business and community leaders.
- Program participants will identify a community need and design and implement a group service project.
- You’ll be prepared to market your leadership experience and personal brand.
- Thrive Leadership participants will be paired with a student mentor who can provide insight and support during your first year on campus.
- Celebrate your leadership understanding and achievements with a special ceremony in May.
- Register early for fall classes and meet other Thrive students on April 23, 2017.
- A minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- Apply to Hastings College and complete all admissions requirements
- Demonstrated high school leadership experience
- Complete a Thrive Program application and brief essay on leadership by March 1, 2017
- Those selected must be available for an on-campus registration event on Sunday, April 23, 2017
- Program participants will arrive on campus on Friday, August 25, 2017 (a day in advance of New Student Days)
For more information, contact your admissions counselor or the Hastings College Admissions Office at 402.461.7315 or firstname.lastname@example.org.