Dr. Neil Heckman teaches courses in a wide variety of areas within chemistry, including organic chemistry.
He is a Nebraska native and earned degrees at both Chadron State College and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He has been on faculty at Hastings College since 2004 and also serves as the Chemistry Department Chair.
He enjoys mentoring students, gardening and spending time with his family.
- Chemical Education
- Applied Chemistry
- Undergraduate Research
- Heckman, N.L. and M.K. Dogbevia. 2014. Undergraduate research experiences during January academic sessions. The Chemical Educator. 19:296-298.
- Woodward, E.W., C.C. Murphy, and N.L. Heckman. 2009. Alternative Oxidase Identification and capacity in post-harvest ripening stages of banana fruit. Journal of Undergraduate Chemistry Research. 8:52-55.
B. S. Chadron State College
M.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Ph. D. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- CHM113/117 Introduction to Organic and Biological Chemistry
- CHM151 College Chemistry
- CHM320 Chemistry Research Experience
- CHM361/363 Organic Chemistry
- CHM472 Instrumental Methods