Monday-Thursday: 7:30 am -12:00 a.m. (1:00a.m. after Thanksgiving Break)
Friday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Saturday: Noon - 5:00 pm
Sunday: Noon - 12:00 a.m. (1:00a.m. after Thanksgiving Break)
Library News - Abridged
- World Cinema Video Collection Trial: Through Films on Demand, we have a trial access through 11/08/14 to this collection of over 380 titles of award-winning cinema from all over the world. Included are works by filmmakers such as Fellini and Rossellini from Italy, Welles and Hitchcock from Great Britain, Rocha and Bunuel from Latin America, Kurosawa from Japan, Sembene and Chahine from Africa, and many more. Please check out the streaming video collection by going to our Films on Demand database, selecting "Collections" and then "World Cinema" on the top tabs. Please provide your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Perkins Library has trial access to Flipster, "a next-generation digital magazine solution that makes it easy for you to read your favorite magazines on your computer or mobile device." Take this baby for a spin through 11/27/2014 and report feedback to email@example.com.
- Great news, Researchers! Our A-Z List of E-Journals is now available from both our Catalog and our Journal and Magazine Collection page. To access from our Catalog: Go to top left, dropdown box under "Hastings College," select "A-Z List of E-Journals." This nifty tool will tell you what we have (titles | years | volumes | issues) and how we have access (on the shelf, via a database, linked to a website). Happy searching!
- Keep your finger on the pulse of what's happening at Perkins Library by joining the "I Recline on Couches, Living on Coffee & JSTOR: Friends of Perkins Library" Facebook group. Anyone can join!
- We're your stop for coffee and other hot drinks. The coffee's always on in our lounge area, and it's free! Come and enjoy!
- Collect library staff and student assistant bookmarks at the Check Out Your Library Staff display. You never know what you'll learn [about us] at the library! Even Ian has a bookmark! Don't know who Ian is? Come find out!
How can we improve Perkins Library?
Is there a service we need to offer, an item we need to buy, a magazine or journal to which we need to subscribe? What are we doing well? What could we be doing better? Tell us via email or this online form. All civil questions will receive civil answers.
Check out previous comments and our responses.