Included here is a list of honoraries that Hastings students can join. It's a great way to get further involved on campus and within your interest area.
- Alpha Chi - The Nebraska Alpha Chapter of Alpha Chi at Hastings College encourages and recognizes scholarship. Membership is limited to juniors and seniors who have been on campus at least one year and whose academic records meet standards established by the organization. Eligible for membership are students in the top 10 percent of the junior and senior classes.
- Alpha Psi Omega - An honorary drama fraternity, Alpha Psi Omega recognizes participation and achievement in college theatrical productions.
- Beta Beta Beta - The Hastings College Pi Omicron Chapter of Beta Beta Beta Biological Honor Society is for students interested in the biological sciences. Its activities are designed to stimulate interest, scholarly attainment, and investigation in the biological sciences, and promote dissemination of information and new interpretations among students of the life sciences.
- Lambda Pi Eta - Students and faculty founded Lambda Pi Eta’s Phi Omega Chapter on the Hastings College campus in 2007. With the focus for the Phi Omega Chapter being on Aristotle’s’ three ingredients of persuasion Logos (Logic), Pathos (Emotion) and Ethos (Credibility and Ethics), students are then recognized for their outstanding academic achievements in communication studies.
- Omicron Delta Epsilon Economics Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa - The National Leadership Honor Society recognizes and encourages superior scholarship, leadership, and exemplary character. To be eligible, students must be in the top 35% of the junior or senior and have achievements in athletics; campus or community service, social, religious activities, and campus government; journalism, speech and the mass media; and/or the creative and performing arts. The application process takes place in mid-September each year.
- Phi Alpha Theta - For students and faculty, Phi Alpha Theta is the international history honorary dedicated to high academic standards and fostering interest in history. Membership requires a 3.1 grade point average in history and a 3.0 overall.
- Phi Sigma Iota - An international foreign language honorary.
- Pi Gamma Mu - An International Social Science Honary founded in 1924 with 170 active chapters worldwide. The purpose of Pi Gamma Mu is to foster excellence in the social sciences and to promote cooperation among them.
- Pi Kappa Delta - Eligibility for membership in Pi Kappa Delta, an honorary forensic fraternity, requires any forensic activity including debate, oral interpretation, and extemporaneous speaking.
- Psi Chi - The national honor society in psychology, Psi Chi was founded to encourage scholarship in and to advance the science of psychology. Membership is open to students majoring in psychology who rank in the upper 35 percent of their class in general scholarship and have demonstrated superior scholarship in psychology.
- Sigma Tau Delta - An English honorary that enhances the study of language and literature on campus through social, scholarly, and service activities.
- Society for Collegiate Journalists - SCJ was founded as an honorary for students involved in campus communication. Membership is based on good academic standing and service for at least one year in an accredited communications medium.