Your gift to Hastings College and the 1882 Fund positively influences student success in many ways. With every student receiving financial support in one way or another, a gift of any size will help students succeed at Hastings College and become prepared to live life well.
Included here is just a sample of the ways your contribution helps HC students.
- $100 ($8 a month) provides two new documentary films or texts for Perkins Library.
- $500 ($42 a month) provides goggles, beakers, test tubes and other supplies for students at the Morrison-Reeves Science Center.
- $1,250 ($104 a month) provides a service-learning trip during January Term (Hastings College students serve locally, across the U.S. and abroad, including in Ghana, Guatemala and India, among other locales).
- $2,500 ($208 a month) provides a need-based grant for an outstanding student of limited means who otherwise could not attend HC.
- $5,000 ($417 a month) provides a special skills scholarship for an exceptional student in the fine arts, speech or student media.
- $10,000 provides several undergraduate student/faculty research projects in the arts, humanities and sciences.
- $15,000 provides emergency scholarships for students facing unforeseen financial difficulties, such as a parent’s job loss.
- $20,000 provides four athletic scholarships for top student-athletes excelling in sports and in the classroom. (In 2012-13, HC ranked #2 nationally in number of NAIA Scholar Teams.)
- $25,000 provides salary support for an outstanding faculty member in one of five academic divisions.
Thank you for giving to HC!