By majoring in Studio Art at Hastings College, you’ll be ready for a career that weaves your passion for art with other interests. The result? Opportunities as diverse as graphic design, education, animation, scientific illustration and more.
Hastings College professors create an environment for collaboration among faculty and students, investing in your success. Try glassblowing at the region’s most sophisticated glassblowing studio. Explore sculpture, ceramics, painting, printmaking, drawing, graphic design and photography. Design your own experience and build a career you’ll love!
Coursework in the Art Department and others on campus culminate in your senior thesis exhibition featured in the Hastings College Gallery, preparing you for a meaningful life as a working artist, a professor, a gallery director, a graphic artist or an art therapist.
Opportunities for internships abound in the art-loving Hastings community, from Hastings Museum to advertising agencies. Through internships and events sponsored by these and other arts venues, you’ll build a solid network as you prepare to launch your career and stretch your portfolio through exposure to new ideas and techniques.
Hastings College alumni:
- Have art on display at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History;
- Serve as curators for art museums in North Carolina, Chicago and Scottsbluff, Neb.;
- Manage stage sets on Broadway;
- Own glassblowing studios;
- Teach in high schools and universities;
- Pursue additional studies at the Pratt Institute, the Rhode Island School of Design, the San Francisco Art Institute and St. John’s University School of Divinity and more.
You'll also find hundreds of graduates who integrate their study of art into careers such as clinical psychologists, musicians, spa owners and other exciting careers. Art can be an amazing experience – and Hastings is the place to make it happen.
You can succeed and live a creative life with an Art degree from Hastings College. Apply today!
Coming in 2016-17: A new 27,000 sq. ft. art center! Check it out!
All students, regardless of major/minor are eligible for an art scholarship. Non-majors earn the scholarship by actively participating in art activities and taking at least one art class per semester.
While we accept scholarship applications year round, for best consideration, we recommend you:
- Complete your admissions application by February 15, and
- Meet talent scholarship requirements by March 15.
Complete this form and let us know you're interested art at Hastings. We'd love to arrange a time to view your portfolio!